Congratulations to all our past scholarship recipients, including the Bob Cunningham Memorial Scholarship recipients.
Outlined below are details of the scholarship award.
- In April scholarship packages sent out to the schools so they can make their selection
- Selections must be returned to the CSHF committee by the last weekend in May.
- In June we host Hors D’oeuvres Reception for our scholarship winners at the Blackshop Restaurant
Secondary School Selection Guidelines:
- The recipient should be a positive ambassador for his or her school and the CSHF.
- School athletic contribution
- Range of athletic participation
- Athletic success
- Leadership qualities
- Community contributions
- Involvement in athletic programs in the community as a participant, coach or official
- A positive role model for peers and the youth of the community
- Academic and leadership
- Recipients should have sufficient academic success so that their scholastic experience will allow them the opportunity for post-secondary education
- Recipients will fulfill the leadership ideals for their school
Presentation of the Scholarship(s)
- A member of the Cambridge Sports Hall of Fame presents the award to the student at the Blackshop reception in June.
Top Standing Left to Right
Kyson Vi (St. Benedict)- Alexis Hahn (Jacob Hespeler)- Harrison Taylor (Southwood)- Megane Boucher-Briere (Pere-Rene-de-Galinee) – Mr. D Frazer (Cambridge Insurance Brokers Limited)
Middle Seated Left to Right
Clara Lochner (Monsignor Doyle)- Grace Melchers (Glenview Park) – Maggie McKenzie (Preston) Standing, the late Bob Cunningham
Front row Seated
Beth Fleming (Galt Collegiate) – Bob Cunningham Scholarship Winner